Tech Tips by Shawn – Back Folding
The most common issue with back folding is basic settings that are misplaced or forgotten. When issues arise with your back fold system, check these simple solutions first.
1) Make sure lower rails are level to the belt line and setting the distance from the rail and the bottom of the folding plow are crucial.
2) Gap should be set to approximately 6mm’s (default) for most common stock sizes and adjust accordingly below .014 and above .024 point stock.
3) Check that the photo eye is 65mm’s from the center of the back fold hook when the hook is at the home position. This will ensure accurate settings when setting up a make ready.
4) The photo eye should have a clear path through the machine to ensure an accurate reading. If there is any obstruction or flutter from the carton that is being read, an error code could be generated and fault out the system.
5) Always operate your equipment safely!